Blue eyes didn’t turn around as he shouted his response. “Didn’t I hear it was your birthday? I should be the one buying you a drink.” The music got louder as we both headed to the bar. There were no stools on this side of the bar, standing room only and we both pressed into the only opening available.
I bumped into the man standing next to me and he growled, “Watch it.”
I looked over my shoulder, “Sorry, man. Was an accident.”
The man rolled his eyes and stepped away from the bar with two full iced beer mugs in his hand, “Just keep your … just stay away from me.” I smirked at him.
I turned back to blue and smiled, “Least we have a little more room now.” I said taking a small step back. There was a perpetual smirk on his lips. “So who’s buying who a drink?” I asked.
“You’re buying first.” he said with confidence, “then we’ll see where it goes from there.”
I grinned at him and nodded, “What are you having?”
“Whiskey, no ice.”
I nodded and when my favorite bartender came over and I ordered my usual and my friends whiskey he looked at me then at my friend and blinked several times. He shook his head and his grin grew wider. “Did Max just lose another bet?” I asked.
Drew slapped the bar, “Yea to me.”
“What was it?” I asked.
He leaned in and whispered, “That you liked men too. Seems I won that one.”
I nodded, “Drinks please?”
Drew laughed and made his way down the bar to get the high dollar whiskey which I really couldn’t afford. He set it down in front of blue eyes and winked at me, “I’ll comp this one since it’s your birthday and you just won me some money.”
“You know the owner?”
I shook my head. “We’ve met. I occasionally join them in the ring to let them kick the shit out of me.” It was the only time I didn’t use my powers to help out. They didn’t hiit harder than I did, they weren’t faster, so I didn’t use it to my advantage. And they won more often than not. And it was why I went, it was a test of skill not power. And I always needed to be on top of my game.
“You box?” He asked.
I shrugged as I sipped my Sam Adams Irish Red. “I guess you could call it boxing. I was never one for following one set of guidelines. I use what’s best for the situation.”
“So more like MMA?” He grinned at me with those bright blue eyes shining. “I haven’t been in the ring in a few years.”
“Maybe one day we’ll go up against one another.” I said, almost inviting him to my monthly scheduled match up with Max and Drew.
“I haven’t been in the ring for a while.” he shook his head.
I leaned forward and whispered in his ear as he sipped at his whiskey, “I didn’t catch your name and while I love calling you blue eyes or the guy in the F word t-shirt it’s be so much easier to call our your name while you fucked me.”
He laughed. “Pretty fucking sure of yourself pretty boy. Figure out my name and maybe we’ll get there.”
I sighed with faked irritation. “Fine, alright. If we have to play that game.” I grinned at him. “You look like a Boris to me.” I said as I finished my beer and set it down on the bar for Drew to take away.
Someone squeezed in behind me and I stepped closer to my mystery game and smiled, “Let’s dance.”
“I don’t dance.” He said rather flatly. He turned around and looked out into the dance floor.
I stepped closer to him so close I was almost touching him. And it took every fiber of my will to keep from doing so. I wanted to touch his hip. Pull him against me. I wanted to press my face to his neck and take in his scent. But I didn’t. I kept a short distance between us. “You don’t have to dance…” I searched for a name, there was one on the tip of my tongue but I couldn’t find it so I called him something silly, “Bob.”
He laughed. I could feel his chest moving even though I wasn’t touching him. “So you want me to just stand there?”
I shrugged. “If you wanted to. I think I can dance for the both of us if you let me touch you.”
“So now you are asking my permission?” he smirked, “Already kissed me and tried to stick your tongue down my throat and now you ask?” He turned around and we were so close to kissing again.
I bit my bottom lip and stared into his blue eyes. He was exactly my height it made for an interesting dynamic and fucking would be…. I blinked and took a step back. “Yeah, now I’m asking.” I said and dropped my gaze. He might be making fun of it or he might be angry. I didn’t want to make the wrong choice.
He grabbed my hand and we walked out on to the dance floor. He was true to his word, he didn’t dance. He did sway and I danced around him, my fingers trailing lightly across his arms, chest and back. He watched me until I was standing behind him and I pressed myself against him. I groaned helplessly which pulled his smirk into a smile. I entwined my fingers around his and used one hand to press against his tight stomach. The other I waved about as I moved him with me. He leaned against my chest and gave me some freedom in his movements.
The music was loud but the only thing I could hear was the sound of his heart beating in his chest, and the breath in his lungs. His scent was comforting, a slight citrus scent underneath the stench of the club.
I don’t know when it happened. I was so lost in the moment but the next I was leaning back against him one hand in his dark hair and the other behind his neck. It was awkward and I was at his mercy, my body exposed to him. He had one hand under my shirt pressing firmly against my stomach, his fingers lightly tracing the muscled contours of my abs. The other was hooked into my jeans at the button. His fingers hovering over my hard cock but never actually touching me. I begged, “Touch me Alex.”
“What?” He exclaimed in my ear jolting me out of my daze.
He reached back into his pocket and glanced at his phone. “Shit!” He said. “I gotta go.” He spun me around, “Why did you call me Alex?”
I shrugged still not exactly sure what had happened, “It felt right.”
He narrowed his eyes and pulled in his lips and I could tell he was trying not to run his fingers through his already mussed up hair. “You nailed it, without even trying. I do gotta go.” He leaned in and whispered placing something in the front pocket of my hoodie. “Call me.” He said as he slipped out of my reach and off the dance floor. Leaving me staring after him. What the fuck just happened?
- A Day In the Life… (5/14/2018)
- Meeting Up with Friends (5/15/2018)
- Decision: Flit or Aspect? (5/16/2018)
- What’s Your Name? (5/17/2018)
- The Card (5/18/2018)
- The Ritual (5/19/2018)
- Vampires, Werewolves and Venatori, oh my! (5/20/2018)
- My Brother (5/21/2018)
- New Job (5/22/2018)
- Grocery Shopping (5/24/2018)
- Panic Attack (5/25/2018)
- Atlas (5/26/2018)
- Elevator (5/27/2018)
- Linner? Lupper? Hell Food (5/28/2018)
- Small Talk (5/29/2018)
- The Setting Sun (5/30/2018)
- Me v Anxiety (5/31/2018)
- A Puppet (6/1/2018)
- The Tattoo (6/2/2018)
- Dr. Silverman (6/3/2018)
- Hangouts (6/4/2018)
- Childhood Bully (6/5/2018)
- Getting Ready (6/6/2018)
- You’re Late (6/7/2018)
- Train Ride (6/8/2018)
- Friendly Game (6/9/2018)
- Grocery Shopping Round 2 (6/10/2018)
- Falling Apart (6/11/2018)
- Breakfast for Dinner (6/12/2018)
- Heavy Burdens (6/13/2018)
- Time For Work (6/14/2018)
- Ugly Dog Saloon (6/15/2018)
- Run Away Dragon (6/16/2018)
- City Tracking (6/17/2018)
- No Hope (6/19/2018)
- Lost Phones (6/20/2018)
- Over Coffee (6/21/2018)
- Chocolate Cake (6/22/2018)
- A Walk in the Park (6/23/2018)
- Young Novices (6/24/2018)
- The Dragon Boy (6/25/2018)
- Negotiations (6/26/2018)
- Nothing But the Truth (6/27/2018)
- Groceries Round Three (6/28/2018)
- Alex’s Place (6/29/2018)
- A Tour (6/29/2018)
- It’s Early (6/30/2018)
- The Next Morning (7/1/2018)
- What About Me? (7/2/2018)
- Breakfast at Bonnie’s (7/3/2018)
- Emergency Session (7/4/2018)
- Lead Number One (7/5/2018)
- Lead Number Two (7/6/2018)
- More Than I Was Looking For (7/7/2018)
- Manhattan Wolfpack (7/8/2018)
- Happy Reunion (7/9/2018)
- My Nephew, The Intern (7/10/2018)
- My Big Bad Bosses (7/11/2018)
- Testing My Dragon (7/12/2018)
- Downright Weird (7/13/2018)
- The Rune on My Door (7/14/2018)
- Packing My Things (7/15/2018)
- Dusk Arrived (7/16/2018)
- A Pep Talk (7/17/2018)
- The Favor (7/18/2018)
- Friendly Dinner (7/19/2018)
- Clearing My Head (7/20/2018)
- My New Place (7/21/2018)
- Relaxation (7/22/2018)
- All Growed Up (7/23/2018)
- Before the Party (7/24/2018)
- It’s My Party (7/25/2018)
- Family and Friends (7/26/2018)
- Joe, The Doorman (7/27/2018)
- Nightmares and Comfort Foods (7/28/2018)
- Breakfast with Family (7/29/2018)
- Well Done IT (7/30/2018)
- Safe Harbor (7/31/2018)
- Unlawful Entry (8/1/2018)
- Things that Go Boom! (8/2/2018)
- Cleaning Up Your Mess (8/3/2018)
- Hacking the System (8/4/2018)
- It’s Underground (8/5/2018)
- Vampire Negotiations (8/6/2018)
- Finding a Dragon (8/7/2018)
- I’ll Never Tell (8/8/2018)
- The Grand Plan (8/9/2018)
- Many Firsts (8/10/2018)
- Where Are You? (8/11/2018)
- Returning the Favor (8/12/2018)
- Desparate (8/13/2018)
- Ant’s Favor Returned (8/14/2018)
- Head Honcho Sucks (8/15/2018)
- Hacker v Hacker (8/16/2018)
- Finding a Hacker (8/17/2018)
- Negotiating with Lives (8/18/2018)
- New Old Players (8/19/2018)
- Hacking the Fishbowl (8/20/2018)
- Walker’s Prognosis (8/21/2018)
- Where’s the Dragon (8/22/2018)