Janice dropped me off at the Lincoln Center apartment and I asked her if she wanted to come up and we could talk more, but she had other obligations. I was knew those obligations were not made up, there were people counting on her to take care of the accounting of funds for the Children’s hospital.
When I got up stairs to my apartment I placed the egg on the mantle in the center. I had photos of me doing daring things on there. Actual photos of me doing things – rock climbing, skydiving. I had a feeling she’d like them and the more I actually got to know her I was correct in my assessment. Though, I wouldn’t be playing the romance angel, gay best friend was going to work much better.
I knew from her own thoughts she’d always wanted a gay best friend. So now I had to rework that angle.
My connections weren’t exactly a lie, but they were faked. I had one connection that truly mattered – his handle was ‘The Wicked Truth’. He was a hacker of unique ability. Though there was Reaper – who unlike The Wicked Truth liked to work against me. He would always undercut me on intel jobs if we were competing. Seriously annoying. He was likely a kid. The Wicked Truth wasn’t like that and he was well worth the price I had to pay to get what I wanted done.
It wasn’t hard to contact him. Once long ago I had made the mistake of letting him access my phone. And he implanted a little program that tracked me. I’d switched phones, but he always seemed to be able to track me down. Bank accounts or something he said. There was always a way. I didn’t doubt him. It was well beyond my acquired wisdom.
I shot him a text over the encrypted program he kept installing.
BS: Have a job for you
It wasn’t long before I got a reply back
tWT: What do you need?
BS: Need to gain access to a high end D/s club
tWT: Personal connections cost more
BS: I know, can you hook me up or not?
tWT: Of course I can. 30K For another 30K I can get you in with the owner.
That was an interesting thought. I ran my fingers through my hair trying to make the decision. I paced the living room of my posh apartment. It was a lot of money for one thing, but it was worth it.
BS: OK. Will be wired as usual.
tWT: Information will follow.
While I waited for the information from the Wicked Truth. I had to make a few wardrobe changes and rethink some of the choices in my apartment. I didn’t look like I was a closet gay. Not that I knew what one looked like, since I wasn’t one. There had been plenty of men in my life. The first man to… I didn’t want to think about it. The experience itself wasn’t bad, but the memories that came with it were something I really wanted nothing to do with – specially now that I was back in New York.
- The Pretty Boy (Alex) (8/30/2018)
- Dad’s Journal (Alex) (8/31/2018)
- Ward, CO (Alex) (9/1/2018)
- More Than (Alex) (9/2/2018)
- Green Eyed Monster (Alex) (9/3/2018)
- Mine (Alex) (9/4/2018)
- Mine (Nightmare) (9/5/2018)
- Club Aspect (Alex) (9/6/2018)
- Fuck Him (Alex) (9/7/2018)
- Charity Case (Alex) (9/8/2018)
- The Mercenary Bitch (Alex) (9/9/2018)
- The Limo Ride Home (Alex) (9/10/2018)
- The Wicked Truth (Alex) (9/11/2018)
- Olivers Orgie House (Alex) (9/12/2018)
- Meeting Jared (9/13/2018)
- Leather and More (9/14/2018)
- Introductions (9/15/2018)
- One on One (9/16/2018)
- Fast Forward (9/17/2018)
- Three Months later (9/18/2018)
- Worth It? (9/19/2018)
- Help Us, Obi Wan (9/20/2018)
- Coming Together (9/21/2018)
- Plan B (9/22/2018)
- The Kissing Game (9/23/2018)
- The Emergency (9/24/2018)
- Dreams and Letters (9/25/2018)
- High Maintenance (9/26/2018)
- Fear and Anxiety (9/27/2018)
- Doubts (9/28/2018)
- He’s So Broken (9/29/2018)
- Not So Poetic (9/30/2018)
- The Morning After (10/1/2018)
- Shit! I’m Late (10/2/2018)
- Mental Caphony (10/3/2018)
- Information for Poet (10/4/2018)
- For the Win (10/5/2018)
- A Regular Thing (10/6/2018)
- Down Hill (10/7/2018)
- In Control (10/8/2018)
- What Am I Doing? (10/9/2018)
- Poet’s Designs (10/10/2018)
- Anger and Lies (10/11/2018)
- That’s … Wrong (10/12/2018)
- Inside the AU Building (10/13/2018)
- Father Figure (10/14/2018)
- Who Are We? (10/15/2018)
- Talking Myself Into It (10/16/2018)
- A Truth (10/17/2018)
- Losing Myself (10/18/2018)
- The Second Most Perfect Time (10/19/2018)
- Nothing But the Truth (10/20/2018)
- Fucked Up Situation (10/21/2018)