I was nominated by Ambrose and Elsie or probably by their writer anyway. A pretty cool person. So thanks hun, much love to you and yours. There are some simple rules for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write seven facts about yourself
- Nominate other awesome bloggers
- I’m a fictitious character. Yes my loyal readers know this, but this is my blog. AJ made it so I can vent my frustrations at being a fucking character she loves to torture. Wanna know what we were discussing today: In what other way can she fuck up mine and Alex’s life. Thanks AJ!!!
- I’m more than what I seem. If you are reading along with the story you probably know this. I am an improbably hero with a inferiority complex.
- And I’m in love a guy who I found in a dream. (He’s a dream walker, and my soul mate)
I’m afraid of heights, needles, flying and clowns. Yes you heard me – clowns. I’m not fond of sand and glitter either.
I am a purveyor of people. Some reason people flock to me. I don’t know why. It annoys Alex to no end.
AJ accidentally fell in love with me. I was most likely going to end up a side kick to my sister, but AJ fell in love with me with in the first post of my life.
I would rather stay at home then go out and do anything. My favorite place is in Alex’s arms.
Anyone who wants to post can. I don’t read enough blogs so I can’t nominate anyone sorry but anyone who wants to is welcome to take this up.
WordPress says so now. I needed 1 more follower to get the achievement.
Have some cake!
This Saturday I hit 500 followers here on WordPress.
I’d like to thank all my loyal fans. I want to welcome all you new comers. I really appreciate y’all very much. I really wouldn’t be here if you didn’t read my rambling or story because AJ would have given up on the whole blog thing. But here we are going on 3 years, and I’m still here… Holy fuck!
Anyway, Thank you.
This is awesome! I hope I don’t ever bore you – please tell me if i do!
Thanks Amy for nominating me!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself provided by you nominator—or 11 random facts.
- Nominate 5-11 fellow bloggers with fewer than 1000 followers who you think deserve the award.
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees.
- List the rules in your post.
- Let your nominees know of your nomination personally.
- What’s the last blog post you read? Me? I’ve not ready posts lately. AJ read the seven habits of highly effective blogger
- If you could ship a fictional character to a deserted island populated by angry cannibals, who would you send? Quinten from the Wizards. OMG so annoying and whinny
- Which one of your posts are you most proud of? Standing on a precipice is still the one I’m most proud of_**
- Do you believe in ghosts? Uh… silly question. Yes!
- Cats or dogs or rabbits? Cat
- Bungee jumping or jumping out of a plane? Neither? But if I have to choose jumping out of a plane. The idea of springing back up and then falling again – no thank you
- Have you ever read a book and thought, “Darn. I wish I wrote this”? Which book was it? No, but I’m not the writer. AJ says not really
- What is the best advice you’ve been given – writing advice or otherwise? Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming! No matter what you are doing just keeping doing it, that’s the only way you’ll get to the end of it.
My Random Facts
Since it’s supposed to be 11 questions I’ll do 3 random facts.
- I feel guilty that my mother died and left behind the twins.
- I have a Facebook page! You should come see it. It’s not ALL the posts from here. I have some random things. Usually dealing with hotties, mental health, and other things that I find amusing. Ask Amy! She follows me :)
- The rewrite of The Last Phoenix is so far almost 100K and thats just my side of the story. AJ’s writing the story from Alex’s POV too.
And another one because it’s related to the last one. Darwynn’s Law is shaping up to be a completely different story than was told last time. End goal of getting Matt and Faelen are still the goal! Though AJ just realized that Matt is a little more difficult but she just got an idea I think. It’s floating there anyway.
- If you and your father were estranged, what would you get him for his birthday?
- What’s your favorite feature of your ideal romantic partner?
- What do you do when you aren’t writing?
- How much wood does a woodchuck chuck?
- Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t fuzzy was he?
- I’m running out of creative things to ask, so fill in the remaining 6 with random fun facts.
I don’t read blogs and most of what AJ does is all coding so we are lacking in things. So I nominate all my readers! Link me if you accept the nomination so I can throw you up in the post!!
Look at this. I was nominated for another one! Since I’ve seen it but never see any links about the origin of it I’ll share that with you.
About the Versatile Blogger Award
The rules for accepting this award are simple:
- Thank (and link) your nominator
- Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
- Nominate 15+ amazing bloggers for this award
So Vesna over at Whisper nominated me. * bows * Thank you muchly for your nomination. It means a lot to me.
Seven Interesting Facts
Just so everyone knows, these are going to be about me not AJ, this is my blog after all.
- I am on my third incarnation of my life as Nox Sétanta. Hopefully this is the last one. (Note: There are other versions of me running around the web but they aren’t really mean though they share my name.)
- I have 4 half brothers and one half sister on my father’s side, and 2 half brothers on my mother’s side. Twins as a matter of fact. My mother was a twin herself. Twins run in her family.
- I will confess my musical tastes have changed quite a bit since my creation. I was a dance guy – techno, electronic, dance, but also classical waltzes, 60s rock, latin music specifically salsa, big band/swing music. Anything I can dance to! But since Sage and Dev (and AJ of course) I listen to a lot more alternative/rock/post grunge type music. And while it will never make my story at present I am completely and totally in love with Three Days Grace’s new Album “Outsider”. It doesn’t help at all that the lead singer is the ‘avatar’ for my soon to be beau coming up in the rewrite. Much like AJ fell in love with 2Cellos cause of my avatar, I have fallen in love with 3DG. Love the album. I feel so much with each song.
In the rewrite I have a pet. She’s a cat I find at the end of the First Hunt. She’s special in so many ways. But she’s a ‘werewolf cat‘. Meaning she looks like a werewolf of modern day lore. Ophelia is her name and you will catch the meaning of it in the First Hunt I don’t want to give it away.
I don’t do a lot of TV. Mostly because I don’t like to sit sit and let my mind wander too much. I need to be active in some way, but I can sit down with a good book and get lost in the world. It’s a different sitting still I guess. My favorite book will have to be City of Heavenly Fire the last book of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Claire. Where in my favorite couple and characters are… my OTP if you speak ships (I don’t) – Magnus and Alec or otherwise knows as Malec. Love them! if you hadn’t figured that out from my Malec monday’s last year.
There is a meaning to my name. And a reason for it. AJ upon my initial creation at the First Age was looking for opposing names for twins one male one female. She came up with Nox and Aurora… light and dark. So that’s why I have the name Nox – the goddess of night aka Nox, Nix or Nyx depending on which version you go with. (Nox is the name used in the Incarnations of Immortality too) I was named Durante after my FA character but things started getting confusing so AJ asked her myth guy about names she could use that were along the same vein opposites and he came up with Sétanta which is the given name for Cu Chulainn and was named Ireland’s Son of Light. So my mom is partial if not full Irish. I probably don’t mention it much in story but maybe AJ will remember it a little.
As for the last I’m going to go with. I am a fictional character. I live in the head of my creator AJ. Who has this elaborate place I roam around in. I like to take over and chat with the outside world and AJ indulges me. But I am a figment of AJ’s imagination. And I’m perfectly content here. And AJ isn’t ready to get rid of me yet so I’m here for a lot longer.
I don’t know if I follow enough people. So if you’d like to be nominated I’ll gladly let pretend I nominated you.
I decided I’d give it a go and nominate people. Some of my favorite people!
Okay I ran out of people…. sorry I’m short on people. I don’t want to keep grasping for straws here so here ya’ll go.
I’d like to thank Rudra Makwana over at Tinte for nominating me for this award. It’s a great way to start of the year I think.
As always here are the rules:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, link their blog. Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 5-10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
- What inspires you as a writer?
I’ll answer for AJ since I’m forlorn on this subject. AJ is inspired by me. Actually I was an accident. AJ loves to write has for ages. She’s been writing posts for role playing games for a long time. I’d give you the year but then you might think AJ is old or something. AJ is inspired by others. Loves to write off of someone else’s character or reaction to something. Give her one person who says this is awesome and she’ll keep writing for you.
- What is the most fascinating thing about being a blog writer?
All the people you need around the world. So many different cultures and ideas. It’s a big ass world
- What’s the one thing that transformed your life?
I’m going to answer as me. The one thing that transformed my life was my mother calling me a monster. It set the tone for the remainder of my life. From them on out I did/do everything in my power to not be that monster.
- What makes a good content? How do you know if a piece of writing is doing well?
I’m going to shrug to this. I don’t write here for the masses to be happy. I keep this blog because it lets me have a place to play so AJ can let me out. If I don’t get out to play I make a mess of the rest of AJ’s life. AJ writes to keep her sanity. So we really don’t know if what we do is good. You are the judge of that, you keep coming back so it has to at least appeal enough to dismiss the typos and the grammar and everything else that’s wrong with these posts of mine
- What genre books you like and why ?
I like supernatural urban fantasy books. Cause it’s what I do for a living. Those are also AJ’s go to right now but she also likes fantasy and romance and drama.
- What do you usually write about on your blog?
I ramble. Whatever comes to mind. AJ also posts my on going story which is in it’s fifth book and the close of the Ascendant arc. We aren’t sure if we’ll keep up with the rewrites here as usual if you want to watch it all unfold I’d love to know.
- What should be the ideal length of the content?
Depends on the content. I typically get you 200 to 400 words of me rambling. AJ tries to keep story scenes under a 1000 words but it doesn’t always happen
- What is the one trait that makes you different from everyone?
I’m a fictional character! I’ve found very few blogs that take on the persona of a fictional character. It seemed to be a faux-pa. But I’m not going anywhere. AJ enjoys writing as me in this fashion so I’m her #1 marketing tool
- What are some of the things that makes you confident ?
My confidence is all a mask. I’m not. But you didn’t hear that from me!
- What your posts are based on? Are they based on your emotions or they are trying to give a social message to a reader? Also share your favorite blog posts.
All of my posts are based on my fictional life, the stories AJ is writing or just my general personality. They are how I feel as a character about being a character about things I have to share. Some of my favorite posts, I’ll list the below this answer.
I’m going to do my usual If you want to nominations. I don’t read enough of you to choose and I feel bad.
My Questions to you are as follows:
- Why do you write?
- What do you consider a successful blog? Not specifically which one, but what makes it successful.
- What do you like to read on blogs?
- What do you like to read in general?
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
- Who is your favorite character in a book?
- In a movie?
- Of all time?
- What is your favorite color? Why do you think that is the case?
- How do you find things to read?