Woah! Someone likes my ramblings well enough to nominate me for a recognition award.
Before I get into it here are the requirements for accepting the award.
If you too want to be a part of this chain then follow the rules as stated below:
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
Number 1 is covered.
How I got started
I’m a fictitious character and I started rambling back at the end of January of last year because AJ needed an outlet for me. See I like to talk a lot and it was distracting. This gives me a quick and dirty out so I can stop talking so AJ can work for a little bit. I was going strong until April – where I missed two days that month. From there May fell off and then I stopped. AJ made a decision that I would post everyday for the next year. Even if it’s “I can’t post right now” type posts. And honestly I’ve done that twice – it was a weekend and AJ wasn’t prepared. (Now we cheat and I write a post to carry through the weekend – right now AJs using it as a means to flesh out the world I live in for you – and me).
AJs blogged since moving down south to show family members what they are up to. But it fell off after the girls were born. AJ has tried to restart blogging many times and this is the first time things have stuck. And 50% of that is having a fictional character to write and ramble on with, and the other 50% is a daily prompt to work with. But I’m biased and think it’s all about me so 100% letting me talk is great.
Advice for new bloggers
My advice, real advice, to new bloggers would be to be consistent and to have a prompt. Writing becomes a habit. AJ’s best friend has been writing everyday for nearly 5 years and has started two other daily writings that are done everyday. Consistency helps your readers get to know you, and you get excited when the same people like and comment. It really makes my day.
And because it’s really hard to think of something to write everyday I suggest a writing prompt. Whether it’s something like I use, or several others out there. AJ has a writing prompt board – some of the prompts are monthly images of prompts. AJ also made a photo prompt page you are free to use. I’ve used it once.
A Big Thank You
I would like to thank Akanksha Gahalout over at You and Me who has taken the time to read my ramblings. I’m truly humbled by the attention this has received. AJ writes to be free of me. The end result is you all having to listen to me go on about things. I write specifically to empty my head. And if you talk to Jace it’s pretty big. My inflated ego and all.
But all kidding aside. Truly thank you. Thank everyone who is reading, has read and will read in the future. I adore ya’ll.
I will be honest, this is the hardest part of this whole post and is the reason it has taken me so long to actually get a response out. What AJ reads is not what I would read. And AJ has never read anything in the vein of what I’d like so it took as much research to keep this mostly in character.
Most of the others have just listed a bunch of websites. I’m gonna take it a step farther since there are specific reason AJ and I chose these 15 blogs.
- Nerd Fitness – This is one of AJs favorite fitness blogs and the owner/founder of Nerd Fitness is a model after which I take. Steve Kamb was a skinny white boy who always felt small until he found a technique that worked for him. He’s put on muscle and you really do see the difference. This is the idea behind which I was created – a young kid who was tall lanky and way to thin – I follow some of the same principles Steve did and I became the man I am today. Nerd Fitness is just straight up awesome.
- Raeyn[dot]com – Alright, this is just a plug for one of AJ’s best friend. With out Raeyn, AJ would probably be even more of a mess. This July they will have been friends for 16 years – 16 years of putting up with AJ…(and now me :P). Raeyn talks about all sorts of things here on a daily basis and she is my inspiration to do this daily!
- The Daily Post – With out The Daily Post most of you wouldn’t be here. It’s where I get my daily dose of inspiration and I couldn’t do it without that. So thank you * bows *
Alright that’s getting a bit much even for me. So I’m going to just list out the rest of ya’ll. I’ve rambled a good deal now.
- Settle in El Paso
- Man Club
- Heartstring Euologies
- Dirty Scifi Budda
- Adopting James
- Greenland Diary
- Deidra Alexandra’s Blog
- Devil Doll Musings
- Wings Words Blog
- Shine Magazine
- True George
The last one isn’t a blog – sorry – but without them I couldn’t give you a pretty new picture everyday free of charge – so thanks Unsplash
I would also like to take this time to apologize to anyone who comes to my blog and finds a piece moving or strikes up a conversation with me in the comments and then later finds out I am a fictional character. I try with every once of decency I have not to pull the wool over your eyes. I love talking with you about me and my world. AJ has a blast staying in character and responding. While everything I say is from a fictional stand point I hope that it doesn’t ever deter you from feeling something even if that is hatred lol. I want to converse with you. But I apologize if it’s misleading.