I don’t usually do the whole writing theory thing. Mostly because I’m not the writer. But I know I give AJ shit about my back story and all the shit I have to put up with.
I mean come on – how many bad things can you imagine to happening to one person.
- A dragon kills my sister because my so called race gave her to them and let me live.
- My nanny was the very same dragon who killed my sister
- I set my house on fire which resulted in my mother throwing a fire extinguisher at my head and then dragging me kicking and screaming on a plane and then leaving me with strangers.
- My teacher who is supposed to be helping me instead abuses me in my head so no one is going to believe me if I did tell someone.
- After I set him on fire and serve 3 months in detention and started therapy I get visted by nightmares for the rest of my life. Nightmares where a demon is sucking my emotions from me and beating me with my own power just so I stay scared.
- I get bullied because I’m half human and different. Though I think I did make that worse by playing up the gay and the differences once I realized it made people uncomfortable.
And those are all back story things that we know about at this moment. Who the fuck knows what else is jammed in AJ’s little head where I can’t see it. She probably doesn’t even know it yet.
But back to topic. All of that are my wounds, my back story that formed me – made me who I was. Something every character needs to feel real. Read article for yourself. But I’m glad to know I’m not the only character out there surviving my creators tortures.